Friday, January 27, 2012

Vintage Photographs

This post has been a long time coming. I've had these photos sitting on my computer for weeks now, but haven't had the time or energy to do anything with them. But they're here now so let's go.

These are some fabulous old photographs I found when cleaning house a few weeks ago. I find them haunting, but at the same time they can bring a smile to my face. It's a mixture of nostalgia and laughter? Does that make any sense at all? Anyways, to sum up I think they're great.





I think what attracts me to these pictures is that they're more than that. They're memories. They may not be my memories, but that makes them no less important. They're from another time and another place and they mean more than what's on that piece of paper. They're a beautiful way to honour the past in a sense. Beyond that, they represent the happiest times in somebody's life. The bad times are never captured on film. The box chock full of pictures to me is a happy life, one where even the little things bring some joy.

It's so easy to romanticize the past and when you get caught under a pile of these old photos, you'll see why. And isn't that paper fantastic? It's from the box they were stored in. I've never seen anything like it before!

No comments:

Post a Comment