Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Laundry Day .....See you there?


I cannot be the only one out there who lets laundry pile up. I finally got around to doing some today, five loads and still a load to go. I'll probably wait awhile to get to that one.

Every time I go to do my laundry I feel crazy. Probably because I end up singing songs from Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.  I put on a load and start humming; I look ridiculous. The lyrics are just so catchy! I really am a theatre geek and proud of it. You can't get geekier than singing in the laundry room and I wouldn't have it any other way! 

There's actually almost something therapeutic about doing laundry, that is until you have to walk up the seventeen flights of stairs to get to your apartment carrying it. The smell of it is just so comforting. I keep inhaling as I fold. It feels nice to be getting things back on track life-wise. Laundry is getting done; applications are being filled out. Things aren't ridiculously crazy right now. 

And now in a drastic shift I'm going to get up on my little soap box. If you're not from Canada please forgive me. If you are from Canada, well I beg your forgiveness too, especially since the next paragraph is aimed at you.

If you're living in Canada don't forget to vote on May 2! The last election recorded one of the lowest voter turnout in Canadian history. So don't be apathetic; it takes five minutes of your time! If you need help finding your riding or how to vote go to the elections Canada website; they've got all the information you need. Really it doesn't matter to me who  you vote for; just go out and vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment