Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dreary Days

The weather has been anything but springlike in these parts. All season has been marked by gray drizzle, umbrellas and winter coats. Yes, it's been that cold. Some days you don't want to venture outside it's so bad. Today was one of those days. Fortunately for me I don't have to. No work, no class, no internship. It's a totally free day and I've been utterly lazy.

Currently I'm curled up on the couch in front of my lap top watching an old Audrey Hepburn move (Paris When it Sizzles); it's not my favourite film, but the colours are gorgeous. Half the time the movie feels like one huge ad for Paris in the sixties, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The scenery, the clothing, it's all so glamourous. I think that's the appeal for me when I watch some of these older films. Pure escapism.  It's putting me in a more spring-like mood. Of course, it's also making me want to travel far far away for the summer

Wouldn't you love to wake up to something like this every morning for four months?

This image is taken from this website advertising Naxos, Greece. I've wanted to go there for years, but haven't had the opportunity yet.

While I dream of Europe, I'll be working on my next script analysis, distracting myself with the glamour of the cinema. Maybe some tea will help along the actual work?

No comments:

Post a Comment