Sunday, May 15, 2011

Work in Progress

I have an ugly dorm room. I've always meant to fix it up. In fact, that was the original purpose of this blog; I wanted to talk about ways to fix up a small space with unpaintable walls. Unfortunately I never seemed to find the time. It's been over eight months and I still haven't fully moved in. I still have dishes in boxes.

I think I can say that that's problem number one. Boxes littering the room because I still haven't unpacked. It's not the main problem though. No, the main problem is the walls. The paint is peeling all over the place. Their are huge areas where the drywall is showing through. The tenant before me must have used super glue to put up posters.

Posters are the only thing I can think of to cover up these patches, but I really don't like the idea of them cluttering up the wall. I also thought of colour blocking canvases and creating a pattern on the wall with them, but again I'm just not sure. Draping fabric wouldn't work with the space because of some awkward corners. I'm really undecided and I'm not sure when I'll have time to figure this out. Originally I was going to post some pictures, but it's also incredibly messy and nobody needs to see that.

As of now, my room is fairly unlivable. I need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment