Friday, December 30, 2011

Pillows Pillows Pillows

I have an obsession with pillows. I can't explain it. An excess of pillows serve no purpose, they destroy clean lines, but I can't help it. They're cozy put a throw over the back of a couch, a few pillows on each side and I feel like I'm home. Coziness is key for me when decoration a room. The major problem with this pillow obsession? They're expensive.

Right now I am absolutely loving the vintage style, linen pillows from Esmery-Caron.
Pillows can be found at Restoration Hardware, which is where all images were taken from
I adore these pillows. They're neutral so I could take them from apartment to apartment easily. They're French and I have to admit I'm drawn to all things with just a hint of French. They're also out of my price range. They seem to be selling off right now; I saw them in a local store for a little over $20, but it's still out of my price range. 

A few other options I scoped out online are even worse at $40 and $49 (both pillows can be found at Supermarket. Aren't they so tempting though?
mosaic star linen pillow cover black
detroit map title pillow cover

I don't need pillows, but I would like some. I'll be moving soon and want to make my next place feel like a home. I'm thinking of sewing pillows like these myself. Now I'm not a sewer, in fact I barely passed Grade Nine sewing, but it's worth a shot no? I know quite a few costume designers who could set me on the right path fabric wise and I'm sure I could borrow a sewing machine. Do-it-yourself design has never been my forte, but it's looking like my budget calls for it. Does anybody know if sewing will actually be cheaper in the long run?

For the next few days I'm going to be searching for some clear, simple instructions for a BEGINNER sewer. It's the internet, it has everything even instructions simple enough for a sew-i-phobic like myself. Now let's all hope I don't hit my finger with a needle.

No comments:

Post a Comment