Thursday, December 8, 2011

Procrastination Central


Once again, it's been a long, long time without a post. I need to stop taking on three shows a semester. It's not good for my sanity or my blog. I had a joke there, but I'm too tired to think of what it was. So what am I up to now? I know you're all dying to know. Exams.

Okay, more accurately avoiding exams...and avoiding that paper that was due last Thursday and still has a page to go. I'm so stuck. I picked a difficult topic and there is very little research on it. So what's a poor university student to do you might ask? Obviously watch Christmas episodes of Community, Modern Family and Suburgatory while writing a page every few hours. Procrastination is not my friend.

It's clearly time for a sweeping declaration. This paper will be done within the hour! And then I'll start studying for my exam tomorrow! Gulp!

What I really want to do is curl up with Anne of Green Gables in front of a fire while listening to Bing Crosby on my parents record player and yes I will be drinking eggnog. It's disgusting, but it completes the picture. Ryan Gosling can serve the eggnog for kicks.

I guess I should go and be responsible now. But come on, could it get a little Christmassy around here? Would it kill Mother Nature to provide just a little snow to lift my spirits out of the exam duldrums? At the very least it would give me another way to procrastinate. Never underestimate the power of the perfect snow angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment