Thursday, December 15, 2011

Out and About




Last night I actually got out and off my campus to see theatre! The Patron Saint of Stanley Park is a locally written piece that was first staged last year at the Arts Club. It wasn't the type of show I normally go see. It was family friendly, bittersweet and heartwarming. All things that normally make me cringe. But you know what, I really enjoyed myself. The play itself wasn't something I would normally love and it had its issues, but that didn't seem to matter. By the end I was tearing up along with half the audience.

I went with a close friend of my mine and we made a night of it. We dressed up in heels and well she wore a dress and I managed to track down a lacy top. It was drizzling out, but that didn't matter. We were in festive spirits and nothing was going to bring us down. I have nothing clever to add, no jokes, no sarcasm. It was a genuinely enjoyable evening that could melt even this frosty hipster's heart.

This is one of those thing's that I would like to do more often. Take an evening to spend time with a good friend doing something we love. I love taking time out to enjoy culture and the great thing about this was that we were supporting local artists. Not only that, but it was relatively inexpensive because of Student Rush pricing. Not something we could do every night, but it was a nice send off to the year. I'll be going home to spend time with my family later tonight and she's off to see her's sometime next week. I won't see her again until the new year and this was the perfect way to send of what's bee a fairly stress filled year. New Christmas tradition? I hope so.

I wanted to take photos; the city was lit up with Christmas lights. It was gorgeous. Of course, I left my camera at home so this post is visually not so stunning, but what can you do? I hope the three of you reading this blog are taking time to enjoy the season and doing whatever it is that makes you happy. We all deserve some rest and relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment