Friday, May 11, 2012

End of an Era

Well that's it. I'm done living in a dorm; in fact, I'm done with school. I finished my last exam a few weeks ago and I've been slowly moving to a basement suite in a totally different area of town. It's a weird crossroads I'm at right now. I'm just waiting for graduation and asking myself what I want to do with the rest of my life.

First off, thank you everybody for baring with me for the past few months. I haven't been posting anything at all recently. It's a shame because it was my last few months in this blog's namesake, but I just didn't have the time. I honestly didn't even finish all of my papers this past term. I ended up not handing them in. Some stuff happened in my professional life that just completely threw me through a loop. So anybody who's still around out there a huge thank you!

I'm sitting in my new apartment right now applying for jobs and asking myself what I want to do with the rest of my life. Do I want to take a job that promises some financial security, but guarantees that it will be at least two years before I can ever do what I love? I will no longer be able to work in theatre if this job works out. Is that what I want? This terrifies me. Theatre is what I love. Theatre is what drives me in life and makes me want to wake up in the morning. Can I live without that? I honestly don't think I can. So now the question is, how do I make both work? Of course, it's not even guaranteed that I have this job so we'll see how it all goes.

Another question I have is do I continue this blog? My posts have been incredibly sporadic and I'm no longer in university. Is this something I want to continue doing? If you dear readers are around, I would love some feedback. Let me know if you think it's worth continuing this writing thing.

I suppose that's it for now. This won't be my last post, we'll just see what's coming down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment