Saturday, May 12, 2012

Apartment Hunting

So I have an interim apartment for the moment marking the beginning of my post grad life, but it's a sublet and I'll have to move out at the end of the summer. If I'm able to find a job, I'm hoping to continue renting. Moving home is the other option which isn't exactly ideal (although it may very well be necessary). So I've taken to looking at apartments. Is everything currently out of my price range? Of course! Does that make it any less fun? No! Mainly because I'm not having to make any actual decisions at the moment.

So what am I absolutely in love with right now?

Exposed brick and large windows! It's gorgeous and I love it!

I have no idea where this image came from and unfortunately can't credit it (I found it on Pinterest, but it won't like me back to where it's originally from). Wouldn't you just love to curl up in that window seat and read? Preferably with a cup of hot tea or coffee in hand? The only thing that could improve that picture is a throw and a large bookshelf.

This next picture is from Apartment Therapy and I'm head over heels in love with the exposed brick. It even has an old fire place that's been decorated with candles! Does it get any better? I love how the dark wood floors work with the brick and the furniture compliments it so nicely. This apartment also seems to get a lot of light which is just lovely. Remember folks, I'm living in a basement. Light is not my friend right now.

So what do you all think? Not everybody loves brick as much as I do. Are these places you'd want to live? What makes up your dream home?

No comments:

Post a Comment