Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Around the Home


This week has been a whirlwind of last minute Christmas preparations. I was so busy with shows and then exams I had no time to even think about Christmas and so I'm winging the holidays this year. Christmas shopping is nearly done; the house is almost decorated, well the tree is up at least, and the first round of baking is complete and eaten. I just love the old ornaments that have been used for generations. So many have been broken over the years, but the ones that remain add something special to our tree year after year.


Christmas To Do
Finish Shopping - Two Presents to Go
Bake Christmas Cake, Shortbread, Mince Pie, Sugar Cookies, Rice Crispy Squares, Cherry Slice, Scones
Pick Up Turkey

Well the list really isn't that bad is it? The baking list is a little long, but I've set aside most of tomorrow for it. Sure I still need to pick up the ingredients for the baking, but it will all get done. Nothing to worry about! Other than that, there are Christmas films to watch and books to read in front of the fire. Nothing beats sitting by the fire, looking at the Christmas tree with a good book and a cup of hot coffee. I plan on thoroughly enjoying the next few days and hope you all do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment