Monday, December 19, 2011

The Little Red Dress

I am completely head over heels in love with the Little Red Dress this December (now known as the LRD, oh I am using a cheesy acronym). Maybe it's watching too many episodes of New Girl and developing some sort of Zooey Deschenel induced stockholme syndrome or maybe it's just the season and too much eggnog. Whatever it it is, it has inspired me to search high and low on the internet for the perfect dress. I don't shop online so it's perfect because I really have no money to buy a new dress this season.

Consequently my SVPPLY account has become overrun with LRDs. Here are the four dresses currently sitting in my wishlist, just waiting for my credit card to snap them up.

This Red Lace Flippy Dress from TopShop combines my two great loves for the holiday season: red and lace. It also does it in a way that doesn't make me cringe. It's not overtly sexy and there won't be any Mrs. Claus nightmares induced by this dress. It's sweet. I would wear it to a party or knowing me out grocery shopping. What can I say; I think the world needs more lace. 


The second dress on my list is also from TopShop (and as it turns out, like the first one, sold out unfortunately). The Red Tea Dress is demure, but it has the keyhole cutout that gives it just an extra something. Add some black mary janes and you're good to go. In other words, want.

The Red Knitted Scoop Dress is another major want for me. The colour is a little too towards the orange side for me, but I love the style. I love the sleeves and how it's definitely simple enough for every day wear. 

 Finally, we have the Winter Waltz Dress from ModCloth, a dress for my fantasy life. In  this life I'm Grace Kelley and I'm on my way to some fabulous event. The sheen gets me every time as does the length. This is the kind of dress I always WISH I could wear. It is gorgeous. One day, when I accept a Tony, you'll see me wearing a dress modeled in this style. A girl can dream right?

Unfortunately I'm linking you to dresses that are all out of stock. I guess red is popular for Christmas; who knew? I still think that they're fabulous and worth sharing if only for some inspiration. Or maybe you're like me and just like looking at beautiful clothing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment