Monday, May 14, 2012

Well I Guess You Can Call it a Life...


Lately, I have been feeling the exact opposite of chic. I have been completely uninspired. I have bags that still need to be unpacked and clothes that haven't been worn in months. My last few months at university involved a lot of very practical, very black clothing as I was on the run of a show for five weeks straight plus a week of tech before that. It was crazy ridiculous.

Recently I've had far less theatre work less a few nights of rehearsal each week, but my clothing (and okay lifestyle) choices have been completely uninspired. Basically if I can wake up at 11:30 and where pyjamas all day I will. So that's what I've been doing. This is probably something I shouldn't  be admitting. Oh well, too late, no going back now. Coffee on the couch, laptop open, applying for jobs and in my pyjamas until dinner? Well that sounds okay in my book.

Except of course it isn't.

I think it's about time to start living this post grad life. Yes I'm broke and yes I'm unemployed and yes I'm living in a sublet that only lasts the summer, but so what? Why shouldn't I fully embrace life? It's not about money or stability (although those are things that I'll want at some point). It's about doing the things I love and you know, leaving the house every once in awhile. I have absolutely no excuse to live life as a shut in.

I imagine a picture of myself in a circle skirt frolicking in a field at this point. Cue the overly cheery music.

So here's a list of things that could possibly drag me out of the house. Feel free to add more in the comments.

Pre-Summertime Blues Busters


1. Free Show/Festival. Summertime is just around the corner; there must be some sort of concert in the park coming up.

2. Neighbourhood Exploration. I just moved to a new part of town. I should probably figure out what's around me.

3. Coffee Shop Hopping. It's like a bar crawl, but instead of beer I drink coffee. This may in fact be my ideal day and hey, I have to figure out a new coffee shop anyways.

4. Reading in the Park. This one may only work in my head what with my fear of bugs, dogs and oh yeah, the sun is my enemy. I have two normals, so white I glow under black lights and redder than an overdrawn bank account.

5. Vintage Store Trawling. I never buy anything, but isn't looking at the old clothing just fun and great inspiration?

So that's a list of five. Not too bad for a  first go around.

But you know, things are actually starting to pick up. I have a job interview this week. A reason to leave the house! I also have some pretty amazing friends who look at me and remind me to eat in between cups of coffee. Plus, it's finally starting to feel like summer around here so you know, I'm in for some big changes and lots of growing pains, but I think that this life just might work out.


No comments:

Post a Comment